Following the promise WordPress is delivering. Today the team made available the first preview of what will be the next milestone, WordPress 3.5. This latest release is not optimal for production, but it is ready if you are developer and for anyone who would like to test it.
Some of the new improvements for the upcoming release and you can try now are:
- Appearance: A simplified welcome screen. A new color picker. And the all-HiDPI (retina) dashboard.
- Mobile: It’ll be easier to link up your WordPress install with our mobile apps, as XML-RPC is now enabled by default.
- Plugins: You can browse and install plugins you’ve marked as favorites on WordPress.org, directly from your dashboard.
- Accessibility: Keyboard navigation and screen reader support have both been improved.
- Links: We’ve hidden the Link Manager for new installs.
The final release of WordPress 3.5 is scheduled for December 5th, 2012, until then the team recommends to anyone who develop themes and plugins to download and test every build to avoid bugs at the final release. For more information you should check the new WP article published by the company.