As much as we would like for every link we set in our articles to be alive forever, you know this is not going to happen, links get broken, pages get taken down; sites get moved and they close down. Sooner or later links are going to lead to the most common 404 Page Not Found error. And not only this is a really bad experience for your visitors, but also for search engines, like Google, that it could give you a poor score if it finds broken links.
You can be a great “Webmaster” trying to fix broken links, at the beginning could be an easy task, but over the time and more articles getting published this becomes and impossible chore. This is when Broken Link Checker plugin comes in handy. This WordPress plugin will look and check posts and pages for broken links and it warns you if any are found, but what makes this plugin even more special is that you don’t have to go post-by-post and page-by-page to fix links, you can edit each link right from the Broken Link Checker user interface, saving you a lot of time and frustrations.
- Discovers links that are broken, deleted YouTube videos, missing images, and other issues.
- Checks in regular intervals links in posts, pages, custom fields, comments and blogrolls.
- Dashboard notifications.
- As you add new or modify old links, they are quickly checked.
- Allows you to edit every broken link right from the plugin interface, and you don’t have to spend any time going post by post and fixing the links with problems.
- You can search and filter links on every post.
- You can customize with CSS styles broken and removed links.